Sunday, April 11, 2010

Magnolia Downunder Challenge #41

Hello everyone.
This week at 'MDUC' the challenge is 'Olden Days'.
We need to colour the image in black, white, greys
and add vintage papers and whatever else we like,
to  remind us of days gone by...

I must admit. I was a little freaked out at first about
this challenge, as I don't have any grey markers and
didn't know how I was going to colour it. Silly me LOL,
I used to draw, for hours on end and I have an endless
supply of graphite pencils in every shade. I stopped
drawing when I had my first child 5 years ago (I just
never had the time and the passion just wasn't there
anymore), but these were my favourite art medium :oD

Anyway, I dug around my scrap pile and produced a card
that I'm pretty happy with. I think I really like this new
style. Here is my card...


















The 'Post card' paper was amongst a my very first paper
stack pack that I had ever brought a few years ago, I can't
believe that I had never used it before lol.  I had a paper
that had a couple of frames printed on it, so I used one of
them to frame the picture, to give a the effect of a photo. 
The Memories sentiment came from "Definitions and word
ephemera" by 'Paper Pizazz'. I thought these complimented
this style of card.

Stamp     Tilda with Bee, Summer/fence background
Colouring tools      2B, 4B, 6B Derwent pencils
Embellishments      Flowers from Bizzy Becs and Ebay, leaves from
Tickled Pink Stamps, pearl string, ribbon,  flower charm.

Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave a comment,
I really do appreciate your thoughts :oD
Happy Stamping everyone.

Peta xoxox

15 comments:

  1. Awesome card ! I love it.papers are so cool.
    ♥ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peta,

    I'm so glad I wasn't the only one to freak out when this challenge came up! Your colouring is wonderful... Beautiful card.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Georgeous card!! Love the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, fabulous shading and highlights on the images! I've never seen this cute Tilda before--I love her! Your card has a lovely vintage look. Thank you for joining us at Magnolia Down Under!
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous, has the whole elegant and vintage feel going something I just LOVE in a card! Colouring is amazing! How exciting to know you will all have the same coloured image hehe! LOVE it amazing work as always and thanks so much for playing along this week,
    Hugs Kel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers, this is absolutely stunning, I just LOVE your colouring, it's amazing, I can't stop looking at it, hehehe! The papers and the frame and flowers are perfect for the vintag theme. Thanks for joining us this week at MDUC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh that is great. Wonderful job. Love the postcard DP in the background and Tilda is coloured beautifully.
    Thanks for joining us at MDUC.

    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow what a great job, just love the whole style and layout of the card and the shading is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this too! gorgeous card Peta!!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful work Peta - it def. has an olden day feel about it. Great job with this weeks challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card!!! LOVE IT!!!

    Thank you for joining us at Magnolia Down Under!
    Hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Peta, I love your card, Tilda is adorable and coloured so wonderfully. A fabulous take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under this week

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a talented lady,Peta!I love your "Vintage" card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is gorgeous! Great coloring. I love the frame and flowers. Beautiful Card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Peta, this card is amaizing. Great job. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I really do appreciate your thoughts and opinions. Thankyou :o) Happy Stamping!