Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Magnolia Downunder Challenge #37


This week the team at Magnolia Down Under are celebrating
their 1st Birthday and rather fittingly, this week's challenge is
to create a birthday card. The team are giving lots fantastic 
prizes, so why not "hop" on over and  take a look "here"

I have decided to make a card/box for the occasion...


I started with a trifold card, you can see how it opens out below

The inside of the card


and because this is a Birthday card, I wanted to make it special,
by making it into a giftbox, here is the side view of the box...


and with all the fantastic blog candy going around at
Magnolia Downunder  I just had to add "candy" to the box!

My 5 year old daughter already has dibs on this card/box for
her next birthday (she made me promise :oD) do you think it's
the card or the contents that she is REALLY after (lol), it's just
a shame that her birthday is not until December. Oh well, we
might have to refill it by then haha!

Stamps      Tilda with Balloons, 60's Tilda, Dragonfly Tilda, Sweet Tilda,
                    Butterfly Tilda and the 'make a wish' stamp was from spotlight.
Card/Paper    Regal Rose cardstock from Stampin up, Pink Bazill
                        and the paper is from "The Sweet stack"
Embellishments   Flowers were all from BizzyBecs, Ribbon, glitter,
                           'Happy' and 'Birthday' charms and rhinestone brads
                           are from my own scrap stash
                           Glossy accents on tilda's balloons.
     
Congratulations to everyone at Magnolia Downunder for an
awesome year, lets hope that there will be many more!
Thanks for the inspiration :oD


15 comments:

  1. wow thats so cool ! awesome idea for Kids Birthdays ( and adults too hehe )
    Love the papers..and chocolate looks yummy !! ♥♥ the pink !
    Hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card! I love every detail and I'm not surprised your daughter has claimed it! thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOOOOW this is absolutely amazing! I so have to make one of these! Can I have the chocolates hehe. Love, LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining our Birthday Bash at MDUC this week.
    Hugs Kel

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, WOW Peta, This is absolutely Stunning, What a fabulous take on the birthday Card.Love the idea and choice of colours and images. I have just taken a look at your other fabulous creations and you are one very clever lady. Another West Aussie from Perth- Yeah for us!!!LOL. Thanks for joining in with MDUC 1st Birthday Blog, Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW , Peta that is amaizing project. I feel like I open the door of wonderland and inside is so many cute stuff.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWsers this if one FABULOUS project- tell your daughter I'll fight her for it - LOL
    Thanx sooo much for joining us at MDUC this week for our special birthday bash.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is gorgeous Peta, and so is your blog, just become a follower, so I can keep an eye on you lol, your good!
    Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog, the Martha Stewart Puches are gorgeous, the one I used is the Punch Around the Corner, Crowns and I ordered it on line from the Scrap Dragon, they are over East but their postage is reasonable and they are really quick.
    hugs
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Peta! This is gorgeous! An awesome project!!
    You should totally enter the Anya Ink challenge as well! Great to meet another aussie blogger! yay!!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh bugger, your daughter got first dibs!! lol. This is totally amazing!! So much work especially colouring all those maggies. Love it.

    Kylie ox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Peta, What a gorgeous creation! I love all your beautifully coloured Tildas on this box and then to add all that yummy chocolate makes it such a treat! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! Your work is beautiful - I'll be back for more!! lol
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Peta..This is super cool..I love it.. and the colours..and what a great gift Idea..loving all the Tilda stamps you have used..thanks for stopping by me today..
    hugs Michelle Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Peta, this is fab!! Love all those gorgeous Tildas!! Gorgeous colouring... and I love that it's a useful box that can be viewed again and again. Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Peta,

    So happy to have found your blog!
    Your card box is gorgeous - fabulous idea for kids birthdays! I have enjoyed looking at your lovely cards - looking forward to your next creation.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Peta,
    This is my first visit to your blog and Wow! You have some amazing creations on here! I love this pink box...just gorgeous.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Peta! I love your blog!! You really do a great job with it. Hopefully, I will learn to have a page like this someday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I really do appreciate your thoughts and opinions. Thankyou :o) Happy Stamping!